Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Your life story



I've recently realized why I like movies so much.

It’s the same reason why I like books. I like the stories, to see how a character’s personality develops, the choices he makes, the struggles he goes through, his indecisions, his vulnerability, how his life’s story progresses in the two hours that I have my eyes on the screen and ultimately, I like to see his happy ending.

When I was a child I always wished that my life were like the movies I watched or the books I read. Things seemed so much simpler, so much nicer and definitely seemed to happen a lot faster than in real life. The truth is, I liked watching movies back then because it helped me escape my own life, my own reality.

Of course my reason for watching and liking movies have changed, but the more I practice this hobby, the more I see that our life is just like a story in a movie or a book.

Your life is a story that started years ago. For many people it has been a sad one from the beginning. Since we don’t choose the family we are born into, the parents we have and the financial conditions we grow up in, for some time everything in our lives depend entirely on someone else’s decisions.

But the day comes, as it does for everybody, when we are capable of making our own decisions, when we don’t need other people to guide us between right and wrong, between good and bad, when regardless of our young age, we start thinking for ourselves.

Up to that day, someone else was “writing” your story and whatever bad thing happened, there was nothing you could do about it. But that day comes and now you are the one filling the pages of your life.

Unfortunately some people choose to continuing blaming others for all the bad things that happened to them or the things they didn’t have. Some just live life as it comes, they don’t believe it can be any different from what has been so far and others still, think that now is not the time to make any serious decisions, that they are too young and therefore should enjoy whatever good thing they can get. Very few choose to take their story in a different direction than most people.

Eighteen years ago I decided to change the course my story was going. I gave my life to God and since then, each day, He’s been helping me write a better story than what it had been up to that moment. There have been heartaches, disappointments and struggles just like in any good plot, but there has also been victories, unexpected blessings, happiness, a lot of laughter and even a prince :) And with His help I’m going towards my happy ending.

Everyone wants a happy ending, but not even in movies the story goes from “once upon a time” to “they lived happily ever after”. There is a lot to be filled in between and you are doing that in your own life.

Each day you are writing a page of your story, you are making decisions that will take that story somewhere. And where is it going?

Today and everyday are just blank pages in the book of your life and YOU are the one holding the pen.

What will you write next?

11 comments:

  1. It's amazing how powerfull we can make our life into, with a decision. So far, there has been challenges, ups and downs but i know towards the end where im heading to. We are ,are own writers to our life story.
    Thank you miss rapha, for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen!! I've missed writing here... much more to come.

      Including that love story I had promised you girls ;)

      Delete
    2. I cant wait to read the messages you will have for us to read=D

      And yes i still remember... Love love stories :)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Wow. I loved your point of view :)
    I did the same as you did, movies and books were a distraction to my reality but only giving my life to God, well I never thought being this happy, God by my side, helping making decisions in my own life, I love your posts, may God use you more and more Kisses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because I feel like that since I'm a child. I love read books and since some months I love to watch movies or series.
    I think they can give some message important for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true Claire :) It's just a matter of choosing carefully and well as in everything else in life ;)

      Delete
    2. True ! You right :)
      And I thank you so much, because you always find some times for us even it's difficult for you to find it :)

      Delete
  4. Wow I'm certainly in love with your writing style Ms Raphaela :)
    I'm captivated each time I lay my eyes on the screen.

    Life is truly like a story or movie. It is even greater when you the authour or movie writer of your life. It is very important to take charge of the decsions and choices that need to be taken in life. In that way you gain independancy.
    (I hope I make sense kkkkkk).

    ReplyDelete