Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Vow




I always thought that there’s something about a serious actor (meaning an actor who always has a serious face regardless of the movie he’s in) who does a romantic movie. I don’t know, I think that the mysterious kind of face just adds to the whole story… and this were my thoughts exactly when I first saw the trailer of The Vow.

Channing Tatum rarely smiles in his movies, but he did such a good job on Dear John that I thought putting him together with Rachel McAdams, who did exceptionally well on ‘The Notebook’ by the way, would be just perfect.

The wife who suffers an accident and loses her memory. The husband who has to fight so she will fall in love with him again. The whole thing based on true events. It was the perfect love story… except the movie didn’t tell it right.

I must say that it wasn’t all I thought it would be. The husband doesn’t get many chances to show his love for his wife. The wife kind of gets on my nerves. There isn’t enough romance and the ‘chemistry’ between them was not quite there.

So, what do I do after watching the movie? I googled the real story, the one the movie is based on and guess what?

They have very little in common, which really added to my disappointment.

Here are a few things that are different between the movie and the real story:

Movie – They move in together and have sex before getting married
Real Story – They don’t sleep together until they are married and only live together after the wedding

Movie – They get divorced (oops, have I said too much? lol)
Real Story – They only get separated, but never divorced

Movie – God is not mentioned at all
Real Story  – Both husband and wife are Christians and live according to their faith in God… But Hollywood would never include that one, would they?

It’s an ok movie but will not go to my list of favorites.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rapha, I was waiting for this post. I watched it last week and was disappointed too. The movie could have been great had they just been true to the real life story. I thought of googling it, but it was too late and I went to bed. Next day, I had already forgotten the movie... How bad is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Sandra!! That's the word I was looking for... the movie is NOT memorable...

      Delete
  2. I'll even add 'I DIDN'T LIKE THIS MOVIE!' I was so disappointed! The fact that the whole meaning of the title of the movie wasn't even clear made me want to throw up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I am so mad :-( how can they do this! The real story sounds 10x better than the version of Hollywood...I'm not even sure if I want to watch this movie anymore. And its too bad, since I like Rachel McAdams and Channing, but knowing this, wow.
    Thank you for warning us, and showing us the true story though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. talk about spoil alert! lol jk.Awww man i thought this movie was going to be so good but i guess not.I absolutely do not like it when the directors or producers change the plot,even if its adapted from a book or true events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you were planning to see this movie, don't. i totally agree with mrs.Raphaela, it was a complete flop, the whole thing, i just kept telling myself, "i want my money back".Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Mrs Rapha. They played it safe and so no chemistry, no spark... And you're right Mrs Cris, it had nothing to do with the title. It was a flop. Me and you could have made it a million times better Mrs Rapha. We would put those Hollywood people to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen it yet. But now I know truth. I usually wait to see or hear a wholesome review before I watch it. The real story does sound 10x better....maybe it's a project the church should take on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it seems more and more as the years pass by movies just get more and more watered down, just meaningless, decieving people through the trailers only to be disappointed when seated with a popcorn and high expectations...pity
    How hard it is to find a good, decent movie, from start to finish. Well i sure will stay tune and take heed to warnings of such tradegies :) in hope of something good...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It had so much potential, however, it failed at delivering what the audience expected. It had it's moments, but few, might I add. I left frustrated. Almost like true love didn't succeed in the end.

    ReplyDelete