Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Time Challenge Step # 5 - The 10-minute tactic




This week’s step is very simple and yet very practical.

If you’ve been following the steps of this challenge, then you have already begun to see lots of results. Your life is supposed to a little more organized, but still you might notice that some of the things you need to do are always left undone.

Do you know those little things you need to do, but because they are not as important as your everyday frogs, you never get to do it? Like organizing your documents/papers, organizing your closet, replying to a friend’s email, organizing your bathroom cabinets or organizing your husband’s sock drawer lol?

The problem with little tasks is that at first you think ‘this is not so important right now, so I’ll leave it for later, tomorrow, next week’, and when you see, the little task has become a big one or even a frog but with everything else going on in your life, you just can’t separate an hour or a few hours to work on it.

And here’s where Step # 5 comes in. We will start creating ‘chunks of time’ from this week on.

Starting   today, you will separate 10 minutes everyday to do some kind of little task. All you need to do is choose a time during the day and work on it for 10 minutes only.

The secret is doing that everyday. E V E R Y D A Y.

By the end of the week, you will have worked on your little task for 1 hour and 10 minutes without having to separate 1 hour during your busy week to have it done! There will be progress on the task you are working on (who knows, maybe you will even have finished it) and the great thing is that it doesn’t feel like a task at all!

Choose one task, separate 10 minutes of your busy day and get to work. Once you finish the one you will start today, choose something else and something else after that  :)

Let me know how it goes by leaving your comment here.

P.S.: I’ve already left a comment saying what little task I’ll be working on. What about you? Come on… II really want to know!

11 comments:

  1. I'll be working on organizing my papers... I am a paper woman, incapable of throwing any paper away, including receipts, without having the absolute assurance that I won't need it anymore:( I put everything in a box in my closet... hehehehe

    Bad girl!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this 10 minute tactic Mrs. Raphaela..Like you I tend to accumulate receipts, I don't really keep all paper (for paper that is a one-page size I always throw away lol). I will put this tactic in practice and will get rid of all receipts and small pieces of paper that I have in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ai ai,meus 10 minutos se tornou 1hora e 10 minutos(ninguém merece) ,me perdi com tantas coisa!!!Virou um sapo para mim,ufa .Vou treinar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mrs.Raphaela, even thou its the first time i will be joining in this task i will go a head and start this one today. I will share with you the experience of this task.
    Nothing will get done if we don't start to act.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, with this challenge it makes me realize howmany priorities I should have when it comes to organizing and and keeping it under control lol.
    Tuesday I started by taking good minutes in organizing my room a bit. Ooh it felt so good knowing it was time to go and I din't worry about staying so late after work and clean(because honestly I would tend to leave that for the last minute) but now it has kept clean!!
    Wednesday, I finally took care of pictures I been wanting to post since a long time. I finnally did!! Yaii and today am ready for a new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Rapha I decided that my 10 minutes a day will be oranizing my clothes make sure everything is put back in its place for example my pj's after shower the hangers are in its place things are folded and neat. I know that I get home pretty late but in the morning I decided to wake up a little earlier top give me 10 minutes after I am done getting ready to organize my closet and making sure its neat. ;-) The challenges have really been helping me even has lead me to help out a friend, which I will give her your blog link once her comp. gets fixed which in Jesus name it will be soon lol because I know it will help her abundantly. xo..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcia
    Simeon
    Miami, Florida

    I am a paper woman, incapable of throwing any paper away - Raphaela

    I'm the same!!! LOL. Another way to organize and save some $ at the same time is to check all your mail every single day if possible, to avoid spending some quality time on it during the weekend, not only is it beneficial to check for important information, but for good offers and discounts too. After choosing the ones that interest you or that are date sensitive, hang them on the wall with their expiration dates in order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love papers too, I go to school and I save every little piece of paper I get, thinking " someday I will need it or use it"... So last week I decided to clean all my folders and Mrs. Raphaela I keep a shoebox too... so I clean the box and the folders. After I was done I wanted to get all the papers out of the garbage. Just in case I needed them LOL, but I didnt so now my shoebox is almost empty and my folders are clean, and I promise my self not to go back and save every srapt of paper I get...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs.Raphaela I did this and I got to do a lot of things I used to have too many papersin my desk and in the drawers of my desk and since I stared this challenge. I've been able to get thinks done quicker.

    Thanks
    Jennifer Westpark Simeon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mrs. Rapha I have been doing this 10 minute challenge with my bedroom closet it has been going great because I wake up now at least 10 to 15 minutes earlier. So that way I have time to organize it before I live. I did took pics I will be posting them here soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay i have been meaning to organise the papers that are in my drawers, there a mix of scrap,bank statements, fashion magazine tearouts ( for inspiration) and stationary but I opened one of the drawers the other day to throw a letter in and saw it look quite mountain like....

    I made a mental note to tend to it and see what I need to throw, keep and take to my future home ( getting married in 2 months and I detest lots of stress at the same time if its avoidable like this) so this will be my 1st task but there are around 6 more I'd like to get done before I'm officially out of the house and also in a new year! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete