Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Despicable Me

* This review is for the first movie. For the second one, come here next week.
Rapha, did you know that you talk just like the Minions?” – said my friend.
Minions? What are Minions?” – I replied.
You know, from the movie ‘Despicable Me’? The yellow creatures?”
Really? I never watched that movie. How do they talk?”
“They don’t talk. Well they do, but you don’t understand them.”
Min
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…
If you’ve seen the movie you will know that my friend wasn’t insulting me. And if you have ever talked to me, you will know that what she meant is that I’m very expressive when I talk…  that sometimes when I talk I am better understood by my expressions and gestures than by my actual words :)
Needless to say, her comment made me extremely curious to watch it, even though I’m a not a huge fan of animated movies, but I did.
And I LOVED it!
It’s the story about this man who, since he was a boy, dreamed of going to the moon and making his mother proud of him. He craved for her approval.
But nothing he ever did made an impression on her. So since being good didn’t work, he decided to be bad and become a famous villain. He seems to be heartless and care about no one, except the scientist who helps him in his inventions and the Minions (the yellow creatures we were talking about) who help him in his plans.
Then he crosses paths with three little girls who live in an orphanage.
He doesn’t care about them, but because they are the only ones who can help him with his latest plan, he decides to adopt them. And now you have to watch it to find out the rest ;)
The whole movie is very nice and so, so funny! I laughed so much! And I simply fell in love with the Minions hehehe… But what I liked the most about it is the message it conveys. Even though it’s a movie made for kids, it seems to me that the message was more directed to parents.
It clearly shows the importance of a family.
Some of us are brought up in a nice and caring family, others unfortunately are not, but it’s us who decide what we are going to do with that. Are we going to be cold, angry, bitter and treat our own family the way we were treated? Are we going to give more importance to the things in our lives than the people in it?
Whether you received a lot of love or not when you were growing up, someday you will have to make a choice of who YOU want to be for your family and your kids.
There are many things that are important and necessary in our lives, but everyday we have to choose what’s MORE important. For some people, it’s their studies, their careers, establishing themselves as a professional in the field they chose. For others is making a lot of money or being famous. Some others consider their family the most important thing in their lives and for some, God is the most important One.
But it doesn’t really matter what we say it’s the most important thing. We may think it’s something when in fact it’s something else. So how do we know for sure?
It’s not what we say that shows what we REALLY want. It’s what we do. Everyday.
Then you may ask: “And you got all this from a cartoon??”
Yep!
Believe it or not.

1 comment:

  1. Justo este último fin de semana vimos con mi mama esta película. Y nos fascinó... tanto por el mensaje (que a mi mama en particular le gustó mucho) como por los Minions!!

    ReplyDelete