Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In the last 5 months - Somewhere in Time


Almost two years ago we had a small gathering of girls from some of our churches here in Houston and I remember being really excited about it. We were going to have the opportunity to talk to them, get to know them and help them in their spiritual walk.

But of course, until then I was just an attendee. My participation was limited to help prepare the room and be present on the day… until I was informed hours before, that I was going to hold the meeting. I was to be in front of everyone and do… what? I had no idea!

I was freaking out!!! I didn’t know what to do or say. I just wanted to run as fast as I could. But I did learn with that experience because it taught me about faith, about trust.

Little did I know that 2 years later I would have to hold an event for both girls and boys… And that I would LOVE it!!

Last June we had our yearly Godllywood Pledge Night (where we had the play I was talking about yesterday) and my friend Alynne and I had to be the presenters.

I was pretty nervous about the whole idea… What if I say something wrong? What If I have nothing to say? What if I forget? What if a trip and fall? (hahahaha) were some of my thoughts at the time.

But we had prepared so much for it. We had the play, we had the place ready, we had the guests; now was just a matter of taking a deep breath and going for it.

And that’s what we did.

We had a very pleasant and different evening. Once I held that microphone in my hands and started speaking, everything worked as they were supposed to. I was really happy that night! I was happy because I was able to present a 2-hour event. I was happy that the play I had written and directed was a complete success. I was happy that we had new women joining our Godllywood group here in Texas and I was most happy because our guests really understood what the event was all about. They finally understood what being part of Godllywood means (if you don’t, stay tuned here on my blog, because I’ll soon be writing about it).

It was definitely an unforgettable evening… wish you could have seen it ;)

Here's the SIT cast ready to perform



And them again after their awesome performance



Alynne and I enjoying ourselves



 Getting the testimony of one of our Godllywood members




 Some of our guests



For more pictures of this special night, visit my Facebook Page



To be continued tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I loved, loved SIT! It was something short, funny and romantic, but I think what made it even more special was the message that it gave. I played Elizabeth, a young lady from somewhere in the past lol... But two weeks before the event, Elizabeth suffered an injury that almost caused her not to be in the play. Elizabeth had to wear a very modern roboboot for her time, but made it through :) It was quite funny to hear that people thought Elizeth was actually acting the limping hahahaha....

    This Godllywood event has definitely been the best so far; the people, the play, the presenters, the interaction, the testimonies, the food (lol) everything was just amazing! I loved working with the cast, everybody brought something great to this play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Mrs. Raphaela I still remember like it was yesturday September 29th 2009 the last girls meeting.. it really made a huge inpact in my life.. I even have a picture of that day...:) thank you mrs rapahela for all the help and love you have gaved us thru God..:) God bless..

    ReplyDelete