Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn Part I




I find it quite difficult to write a review about a Twilight movie. I don't know, maybe it's because the whole Edward thing seems to have a lot of girls going crazy these days...

Since it's hard to fully express my opinion in only one post, I'll be starting next Thursday a series of posts about it. So, if you are those people who really like Twilight, stay tuned every Thursday. If you are not, stay tuned anyway so you can share your opinion as well.

There were a lot of mixed reviews when Breaking Dawn came out, most critics hated it, some liked it and some had crazy ideas about it. This is what I think:

I liked it :)

I liked it because they stayed quite true to the book, just like New Moon. I don't particularly like the whole Renesmee story and I think it just spoiled something that was already good, like 'raining on the wet' as they say in Portuguese, but I'll let it pass lol.

I think the actors were very good, much better than in all the other Twilight movies.

I LOVED the wedding! But I don't think that Bella's dress was supposed to be like they showed it in the movie... too revealing for Bella's character and my taste.

I also enjoyed all the speeches at the wedding, especially Charlie's!! I think he's so funny (don't ask me why) both in the books and in the movies and I think they chose the perfect actor for his character. 

The soundtrack was nice, especially the wedding song... it's so beautiful!

The honeymoon... what can I say about the honeymoon in Brazil? Well, it was in Brazil, so of course it was going to be nice lol (just joking). Again, very close to the book, feathers and all.

There are some things that you don't understand though if you haven't read the book. Some things are not explained right, like when the wolves are talking and Jacob refuses to obey Sam; if you don't know the story, you are quite lost in that scene. Just like the friends that went with me to watch it. I had to keep explaining things throughout the movie, it was hilarious!

But apart from that, I liked everything else. It was good enough for me :)

But I must tell you that there is something about Twilight in general that I DON'T like. I think I even hate it... But anyway, if you want to know what it is, come back next Thursday.

Have you already watched it? What did you think? 

Leave your comments. I reeeally want to hear them!

12 comments:

  1. Mrs.Rapha, I wasn't sure about watching this movie, since many said it wasn't worth it... I might just maybe watch it in a few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Raphaela! I watched the movie! I also really like it! The only parts I didn't like was that there was too much of the honey moon scene and too much of the baby being born scene.

    I understand what you mean about Sam having to submit to Jacob. Jacob had been born with authority to be the pack leader, even though it went to Sam's hands after he refused it, but it was still hidden inside of him, he just had to use it.

    It just like us. We have a spiritual authority. When we decide to use it, the kingdom of hell has to submit to it.

    I'm excited to read the next posts. I know that there's people who don't really like this movie and things, but apart from the things the producers added in order to please the audience — it has good lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I really agree with you sulma on the authority that we have and how the whole kingdom of hell will submit to the authority that God has input in us. I like it..

      Delete
  3. I really like the movie and I can totally relate to what you said.I just didn't one thing and I hope its the same as yours
    Kisses to you Mrs.Raphaela
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the movie and I also liked it. It's true that if you havent read the book some things are quite unclear. The wedding is my favorite scene <3
    The birth scene was quite graphic in my opinion but I am very excited for part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this movie, the only thing i didn't like was the extent the took the honeymoon scene due to the fact that in the cinema with us when i went to watch it were children below the age of 12. I felt uncomfortable imagine them. But other than that, i loved the movie as a whole, and my favourite character has to be seth or emmert... teeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Rapha i deff want to know more about it my first time seeing a twilight movie was breaking dawn and at first i refused in watching it but when i did i happened to like it except idk like you said there were some things that were like wooo ok but yea, now it made me to even read the books and watch all the movies. I was surprise i wasnt even lost lol when i saw this one because its my first one out of all seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be really hard for me to actually watch this movie :-\ I'm not a twilight fan much, I admit that I am one of the girls that read the book though, but seeing the movie is another thing LOL
    I will probably have to go and watch it with a friend, again, only that way I will watch Breaking Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twilight, twilight, twilight! Let me tell you I was a die hard fan of this! I actually read all 4 books in a week. Then I was in church a month later so I was desintoxicated LOL
    I was really disappointed with the first movie, like many other fans, so I was ready for the critics for the next ones. Well, they've been improving on each book, trying to stick to the book.
    I was a little bit disappointed with Breaking Dawn. Just like Sulma said, they wasted too much time on the first chapters of the book (not that I didn't like the romance but c'mon it was getting too cheesy!); then they had to wrap up the middle which is why people who didn't read the book couldn't get some parts. And same here I had to explain to my brother what was going on. Then they tried to develop the birth of Renesmee.
    Let's see what they come up with for the 2nd part of the book cause they better make all the action come out great, especially the scene with the Volturi but let me not say anything more LOL

    I can't wait to read everything you have to say about it. It's funny how once converted, you see things differently. I will stay tune and will be here at least every thursday :-D

    Yuli, if you ask me, read the books! Otherwise watch it but in order so you can get what's going or you won't like it to tell you the truth :-)

    ReplyDelete