Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Real Steel



There are currently no good movies to watch in the theaters and so without much option, my husband took me to watch Real Steel.
I wasn’t too excited about it because, let’s be honest, robots boxing? Not interesting…
But I really liked it!
It’s the story of this man who after making all sorts of wrong decisions in life sees himself for what he really is, a failure. When things couldn’t go any wrong for him, he finds out his girlfriend of 10 years ago died and left their son, who he never cared about, without both parents. He has no money, no bright future to look forward to, no chance to make things right… But can his son’s presence change the way he sees life?
You leave the theatre thinking of how important the presence of a father is in his child’s life and how devastating it can be when he is not present.
I totally recommend it for the whole family; this is the kind of movie you can actually take your kids to watch! And as the story between father and son unfolds, you even start enjoying the robots fighting… trust me lol

2 comments:

  1. Really? Hmm...might give this movie actually a chance to watch :-) I agree the robot fighting is not very interesting at first, but I'm starting to see that there is much more than that.
    Will rent this movie, and give it a watch as soon as it comes out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had the chance to watch this movie with the entire YPG in my branch that movie has an amazing message.... I still get motivated by many details that a difference in the way I saw things a little boy change his and his fathers future with his determination and faith in what he did belive in... ooh there is so much to talk about...but hey watch the movie is very nice thanks Mrs. Raphaela this is very nice to see in family

    ReplyDelete