Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Abduction



I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago… there was not much option and so I chose one that had action.
I have to be honest, I didn’t expect much of this movie. You know… Taylor Lautner, the wolf from Twilight… trying his first movie as the leading character… probably not much there.
But the movie was quite nice…
It’s the story about this guy Nathan(played by Taylor), who has a nice family and a normal teenage life, but after seeing his picture on a Missing Person’s website finds out that his life isn’t so normal after all.
Here’s what I liked about it:
* The fights were more real, the guy actually gets hurt after being punched (if I’m not wrong, he even passes out after receiving a punch), which hardly happens in movies and that helps give it a touch of realism, different from the Mission Impossible type of movies – There is a new one coming out soon by the way… will surely write a review about it :)
* The guy and the girl like each other but don’t sleep together, which should be the normal thing in a relationship. The ‘couples sleeping together because they love each other’ kind of thing gets really tiresome/boring/tedious/fake/ridiculous sometimes and this movie didn’t have it, which in my opinion was a big PLUS to the whole story
* There is action, feeling, family and the plot develops nicely
What I didn’t like about it:
* It shows that ‘typical’ teenage life with parties, drinks, popularity, which is just non-sense. This part spoiled the movie a bit… but it was only in the beginning, so you can just ignore it completely after the first 10 minutes
Abduction is an ok movie, but you should probably wait to watch it when it comes out on DVD.
It’s was no Bourne Trilogy but it was good enough.

2 comments:

  1. It felt like Bourne :-) lol my first thoughts when I went to watch it. Again, agree that this movie was ok because the story seemed not to original, but I liked the action parts, they did it very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bleh, after seeing Tyler? in the Twlight series, I will NOT watch any films with him, or the other twilight actors lol :D

    ReplyDelete