Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Immortals


I hope you have been enjoying all the movie reviews I post here :)
I really enjoy talking about the movies I watch and one other thing I like to do is reading. I really like the written word, sometimes more than watching movies and so I wanted to let you know that I will very soon be posting about the books I read.
Now back to this week’s movie review.
What can I say about Immortals?
Maybe the best thing I could say is, DON’T WATCH IT! The best way to describe the whole movie is CONFUSING.
When you see the trailer, you see the guy finding a bow, right? And then you think, ‘this guy was chosen and now he has found a source of power’. But you are wrong if you though that… He only uses the bow once in the whole entire movie, so it’s not about the power of the bow.
Another impression you might have upon watching the trailer is that amidst all the fight, the guy finds the love of his life… nope. He has a night’s stand with the girl but he doesn’t love her (which is very unusual nowadays right?) and the girl does not love him (again, very unusual nowadays for people to sleep with each other and not have any feelings for them, isn’t that true?).
Then you think it’s about divine powers… no.
About the guy making any kind of difference in the world perhaps? Not really.
About overcoming your battles? Umm… I don’t think so.
So, what is this movie about? Who knows!! I certainly don’t!
It’s one different story after the other. One time the guy he is fighting, another he hates the other guy, then he has his ‘time’ with he girl, then he is commanding an army… The stories have neither beginnings nor ends. It’s quite tiresome, I must say, even for people like me who like the 300 kind of movie.
There is a lot of blood everywhere, heads been smashed every five minutes, people being cooked to their deaths inside a silver bull (yeah, I know)… Let’s just say that this movie is REALLY R rated.
Do not recommend it at all.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Book reviews, right? Looking forward ;-)
    It looks Already bad from the trailer lol, maybe I should review trailers hahaha that is how I judge movies most of the time.
    Anyways, the movie itself already having a bit of reference to 300 already made me not like it, and just by you telling that this movie is confusing, I'm definitely not going to watch it!
    If the movie has no story, what's the whole point of having tons of fighting scenes and action in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.Raphaela thanks for the recommendation I wanted to see it when it comes out in DVD. But now I don' want to watch this movie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The special effects and the fighting scenes look great. That's all. The plot makes no sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Rapha, I agree with you completely, this movie is sooooo bad. Pointless! I was so disappointed because I expected something as good as 300. Boy, was I wrong.

    ReplyDelete