Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

One of my major Flaws...




If you don't know me personally, you might have an idea about the way I am based on what you see in my blog:

* I like movies lol

* I like to talk to others about movies

* I like to read

* I smile a lot

* I think sincerity is a very important trait to have

* I'm part of the YPG

* I like to be in contact with my 'followers' here on the blog 

And other things you might have noticed.

However there's something about me that I have never talked about with you but that can also be noticed here on my blog.

This is one of the things I hate the most about me. Are you ready for this?

One of my major flaws is THE INABILITY TO DO MANY THINGS AT THE SAME TIME. In other words, to manage my time well.

I have read a few books on the subject, I have learned from people who truly know how to do this, and believe me, I HAVE TRIED many, many times. But then last week I realized that it's not that I don't know how to manage my time well so much as it is that I'm not disciplined enough. So, I have made a decision!

I'm going to be putting in practice everything that I've learned about time management, I will challenge myself to CHANGE once and for all and I'll be posting here (every Monday) about my progress and what I learn along the way.

So, since I know for a fact that I'm not the only human being with that problem, I'd like to challenge someone else.

I'm looking for a partner, someone who struggles a lot with time management and who undoubtedly suffers with the consequences of it. The reason I'm doing this is because it's easier to change something about ourselves when we have to be accountable to someone, plus the fact that the other person becomes an extra motivation.

If you are interested in joining me in this challenge, please send me a message here. I'll be sending you personal messages and tips and that way we will be able to monitor each other's progress. Please bear in mind that in order for you to be my partner in this, you need to be a follower of my blog lol. So please, go to the right-hand side of this blog where it says 'Friends' and click on 'Follow'.

My 'Time Challenge' starts today and continues until... I change :)

P.S.: Have you been trying to change something about yourself but is not able to? Go public! Tell someone, ask for help. When all else fails... go public.


P.S. 2: To register to become my partner, please follow this link: Registration Form.

8 comments:

  1. A tip that might help: become restless about your tasks and home chores. Don't rest until you finish them all. If you take short breaks then forget it. It won't work. Not even construction workers take so many breaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meu deus não tinha lido isso ainda!!! Isso é uma das coisas que me atrapalha!!! AiDn.Rapha!!seguindo em frente!

      Delete
  2. Thank you darling husband for your tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great to me! I'm working to continually be different in this area myself. I've improved and am trying but I realize when we only try we backslide. I have to(that is we, hehe) have to take it as a law, whatever set time management tool that is before us! As though disobeying is the same as disobeying God... gulp. Maybe a bit too much, but we have to see it as a big thing.
    One of the things I definitely still struggle with is switch tasking... that is working on one thing at a time and not stopping to do something else because it popped up. Sometimes I'm working on something but then I get a call, a message, an email comes in, or even just a thought of something i didn't do pops into my head and off I go stopping what I started... Arg, though all the other things are things I have to take care of, I have to be orderly about doing one at a time. Though I usually have to answer the calls right away, the rest I can work to avoid and finish one thing at a time.
    Lord help me, because I'm going to do this for God's glory. So I'm all in, and my cards are on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really excited! just saw the e-mail, and recommend to anyone who wants to join in :-) this will be a great motivation to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. Rapha!!...
    I'm so late in this post!!..
    But of course I'm SO IN!!!....

    ReplyDelete