Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Les Miserables




In last week’s post I promised to tell you my story about the “Les Miserables” movie. So here it is:

A few years ago I was living in London and if you’ve been there or live there, you know that London is big on musicals. There’s a quite a diversity for you to see and Les Miserables is one of them.

I remember seeing the posters in the subway and wondering what it was all about. But it was only when one of the songs from the musical became very popular that I became interested in watching it. But I never did.

After I moved from London I found out that there was a Les Miserables book and movie, but it was old, so I didn’t want to watch it. But then a few months later a trailer was released with the new “Les Miserables” and it had a great cast. So of course I was going to go see it!

When it finally came out, my husband didn’t really want to watch it but I insisted. Then one of my friends tweeted that it was beautiful, that she even cried, so I insisted with him some more. Then another friend also watched and said I should go, that I would love it. So after that I convinced him to go with me J

There I was, early as usual so I could watch the other trailers, sitting comfortably on my seat, eagerly waiting for the beautiful and moving story of the Les Miserables.

But…

I didn’t like it. AT ALL!!

It was a musical, so of course I already knew there would be a lot of singing, but I didn’t expect THAT much of singing. I had watched a movie/musical before and I loved it! Sure the actors sang quite a lot, but they also spoke. In this movie, they don’t speak. EVER. They just sing!

They sing and sing. From beginning to end. All the time. The whole time.

So yeah… not my kind of thing. I like music and I like musicals but I found this one very boring. You leave the theatres feeling quite miserable indeed.

If you ask ME if this is a nice movie, I’ll say no, I don’t think it’s a nice movie. If your taste in movies is similar to mine, then you will probably not like it either.

But hey, my friends liked it and I’m sure many other people did too. So it really depends on what you are into ;)

Oh and remember I mentioned last week, that I only watched “Die Hard” because of “Les Miserables”? Yes, after making my husband watch such a boring movie, he decided that he would choose the next one, so guess which one he chose?


But if I had to choose between one and the other, even though I liked neither, I’d choose “Die Hard” hands down. This is for you to see how much I “liked” Les Miserables.

No comments:

Post a Comment