Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Grace Card



For those who haven't watched or even heard about this movie before, let me explain what it is about.

This is an inspirational movie about a family who suffer the consequences of a horrible tragedy that happened 17 years ago. Since it happened, the Mac family was never able to be happy again, the father was never able to forgive himself, the son never felt any connection with his father and the wife is just lost in the middle of it all. Until a stranger entered their lives and started awakening things in them they'd rather leave dormant.

It shows how forgiveness is a much more powerful weapon than hatred. It shows how faith in God can actually change people on the inside. It shows how much someone can suffer when they just can't let the past go.

It has a great message. It's a great movie... or at least it was supposed to be.

Yeah... I'd love to be able to come here and say how wonderful this movie is. It actually had everything to be very good. It had the   idea, the concept, the objective and the intention, but it did not have the right production. So, unfortunately, I cannot say it was a great movie.

They couldn't have chosen worse actors. You know when an actor is good when he makes you believe that whatever he is saying, feeling or showing is true. If he is devastated and cries, you can almost feel his desolation, his despair. Such is not the case with the actors in this movie. Everything is so rehearsed, so forced, so fake that you and I could have done a better job.

I had to actually endure all the bad acting just so I could come here and have a full review to give you.

The plot does not develop nicely. One scene simply jumps to another and the whole thing is soooo predictable. 

It's a pity really. I wish this movie could have a had better production and a higher budget, so they could hire better actors and come out with the great movie this story deserved.

But I commend them for trying.

I just wish people would invest more in movies like this instead of trashy ones like 'Friends with Benefits'!

Do I recommend The Grace Card? If you can endure all the bad things I described above, yes. If no, then not really.

Which is a shame because I really wanted to :(

1 comment:

  1. My mom and I were watching this movie, it was ok, but I agree the actors weren't that great and the acting felt fake (sorry for the word)
    If only movies with plots like this were more invested, I would say that more people out there in the world would watch it!

    ReplyDelete