Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Good oldies Tuesday - The Mirror has Two Faces




I watched this movie quite a while ago. I had always heard of how good it was and so one day I prepared a snack, bought ice cream, invited a couple of friends over to watch it in my house and we had a very pleasant afternoon together.

This is what I remember every time I think about this movie :)

The movie tells the story of a woman and a man. Both are professors in a University. She is very smart and very good at what she does. He is very smart but his students don’t really like his classes.

When he saw how everybody seemed to like her teaching methods, he asks for her help and from then on they develop a friendship.

She is the type of person everyone wants to be around and although she has family and friends, she never really found someone to love.

He is the more loner type of man but has had many experiences with women who left him heartbroken.

She believes in true love, the kind that makes your heart race and takes your breath away.

He believes true love doesn’t exist and that you don't need love to get married. All you need are two people who are friends and enjoy each other's company.

So after a few months he makes a proposition to her. What if they got married so they could be each other’s companions? They would get married, live in the same house but sleep in separate beds. They would enjoy each other’s friendship but would not have any kind of physical contact.

She accepts it and that's when the story really starts… Can’t really say any more, otherwise I’ll give the whole plot away.

I recommend it 100% and would watch over and over again if my dear, dear friend Aline Munhoz hadn’t borrowed it  a few years ago and kept the DVD for herself (you still owe me for that by the way) lol.

This movie is very funny, very entertaining and truly a nice movie!

A romantic comedy like you don’t see nowadays anymore. 

7 comments:

  1. Não esperei a versão em português do post kkkk
    Eu não sei mais onde procurar este filme legendado ... não o acho em lugar nenhum aqui na Bahia e nem em sites de compra (submarino). Nem no youtube tem ele ... =(

    Quero assistir, HELP !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nubia, achei esse site aqui, não sei se é bom rsrsrsrs http://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/Dvd-O-Espelho-Tem-Duas-Faces-*lacrado*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched this movie on TV once, and it was pretty good :-) my mom had told me about it.
    I agree, this is a movie we don't see nowadays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello:))))
    This movie sounds interesting!!...
    Kisses Mrs. Rapha!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie sounds interesting. Now I want to seed this movie. Mrs. Raphaela do you know where can I find this movie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Raphaela,
    I loved the movie, just loved it! It's really the funniest, cutest, romantic movie I've ever watched. It really pictures the idea of that people sometimes don't know what they want haha. I love your reviews on movies :-)
    God bless you...
    Jennifer I found it ON DEMAND on Comcast (free movies section), I don't know if you have that cable network where you live.

    ReplyDelete