Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Painted Veil



When I watched this movie almost seven years ago, I thought it was an ok movie but definitely not one I would recommend. However one of my friends requested that I write a review about it and so I decided to watch it again… you know, just to refresh my mind (as if I needed an excuse to watch a movie hehe).
And boy, did I change my opinion about it!
The story is set in 1925 and it’s about this woman who rejected every marriage proposal thrown her way. She wanted to be independent and enjoy her life as much as she could, until the pressure  from her parents was too hard to take.
She then decides to marry this doctor who had fallen in love with her and had asked her hand in marriage on the second time they talked.
He loves her and wants to be with her.
She marries him just to get away from her parents’ house.
Can you see where this is going? Not going to work, right?
This is one of the most beautiful romantic movies I’ve ever seen. It’s no chick flick or the superficial kind or romantic story. It’s about what true love really is and how it is born. And that was beautiful to watch!
It shows how love is not a feeling but really a decision you take to commit to the other person, the efforts you make to really know the other person.
Watching this movie was kind of like seeing in real life a few examples Cristiane and Renato Cardoso teach in The Love School. It was really, really nice!
I must warn you though… there’s something in this movie that you are not going to like very much (have some tissue ready)… and no, I can’t tell you what it is. But it’s absolutely worth watching.
It teaches you about true love, commitment, forgiveness and the importance of having and giving second chances and not mentioning the beautiful scenery throughout the movie.
I wish I could tell you more but let me just summarized it all like this:
Beautiful! Simply beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Ok so I watched it right after reading this (thanks to youtube)
    And I'm not sure what to say... the love that is shown, wow. Beautiful indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I will definitely watch this movie. It sounds interesting and a good chick flick which I enjoy.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my top favorite movies' list. I simply fell in love with it from the first time I watched it. I enjoy watching both actors, they're great, and the story... Wow, just wow! - Carol

    ReplyDelete