Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Time Challenge - Old for the New


After what it seems like months, I’m back to writing daily here on my blog.

To my partners in the Time Challenge, I would like to apologize for my absence and almost two weeks of silence. The Challenge continues, because like I said in January, it will last until I completely change, and I haven’t completely changed yet. So, let’s continue moving forward!

To the followers of this blog, please forgive me for not posting the movie reviews you voted for. Will dedicate this week to do just that.

If you were following the series about Twilight, know that it has not ended. There are actually 5 more chapters to go and I will post the third one this Thursday.

You may think that I was just not paying enough attention to this blog the last couple of weeks, but the truth is that I was just doing what I wrote on one of my Time Challenge posts… I had to set priorities and the blog suffered a little bit because of that, but things are back to normal now lol and you should expect a post here everyday.

Now, going back to the Time Challenge, here’s something I learned: You can’t desire to change or fight to change if you still accept the way you are. For example, you can’t engage on the challenge to manage your time well and at the same time think like you always did.

‘I’m not a morning person.’

‘I just can’t wake up early.’

‘I’m too slow.’

‘I don’t like doing home chores.’

‘I’m not an afternoon person.’

‘I’m used to going to bed late.’

‘I’m not really good at keeping my focus.’

These things may even be true, but if you accept them as part of who you are, how can you become someone better?

We need to make the necessary sacrifices if we are to change our time management skills or anything else about our lives.

You can’t be a new you and still keep the old you.

You can’t have a better life if you insist on keeping something of the old one.

You need to give up who you are for the person you want to be.

And that’s the only way we will be successful in this and any other challenge we face. So, what are you going to do?


6 comments:

  1. I agree with you Mrs. Rapha!!..
    One thing that I don't like at all is doing laundry but as you said, I'm not going to accept that soooooo I would help a lot more my mom with that...
    Thanks for the post!!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Raphaela,
    Just you have mentioned its been pretty hard and a little difficult. I have to admit, I've been struggling with putting things in priority. Your right if we keep telling ourselves that "I'm not a morning person" or "I'm just not as organized". Then those things will remain a part of person. I've said these type of things of myself, but I have not given up. I've fallen but I've gotten right back up. This type of change is difficult, but it's difficult because the change is going to Great!! Look forward to more postings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't change and still be the same person at the same time. I have to stop saying, "I don't have time" "I don't know if I can do this" "I'm just not that great at this".... pretty much I have to stop complaining! If I want to change I have to get the old out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Raphael,

    I am going to start saying the opposite of what I am. Instead of saying "I'm not a morning person" I am going to say "I'm a morning person" (with a huge smile) and repeat it several of time til I accomplish. :-)
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'I’m used to going to bed late.’ That is my line right there! :-) sorry for not writing lately, but I believe that has been my probably. Me not going to bed early, and instead be going to bed late trying to do homework, or something else just to catch up on my work. I realized that it doesn't work.
    I will do this though, changed my thoughts on I am used to going to bed late, and instead changed it to early.
    That way, when I wake up the next following day, I wake up fully energized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's ok, we know you mean well, but things can get busy. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete