Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Flight




I’ve never really been in between two opinions when it comes to a movie. I either liked it or I didn’t. It was either good or bad.

But the movie “Flight” managed to put me there… I’m not yet sure if I recommend it or not hahaha…

So, let’s do something here, shall we?

I’ll list the things I liked about it and the ones I didn’t like and then you decide for yourself whether it’s worth watching or not ok? That’s right… Based on the information I’ll give, YOU will be the movie critic today ;)

Let me start by what I didn’t like:

* A scene of nudity. I mean, why do they do that? You know those scenes where it makes no sense to show someone naked? Not that it ever makes sense, but sometimes it’s just ridiculous! And such is the case in this movie. There is the guy talking on the phone and them bam, there goes someone naked. GIVE ME A BREAK! I DON’T WANT TO SEE THAT!

* Cursing. Oh my! They curse quite a few times in this movie. It’s becoming rare when you see a movie when they don’t curse at all, but I still don’t like it.

* Drug use and drinking. Again, very common in movies nowadays. Unfortunately.

* For a good while, you think you are going to hate the movie. I was like ‘No, I can’t believe that that’s the message they are giving! I can’t believe that this will be the story’. But no, something changes and you see where they are getting at.

And here’s what I really liked:

* It gives a very powerful message, a life lesson really. It shows the reality of many people and how many people are living/destroying their lives.

* To me, among many other things, it speaks specifically about temptation, how you should not play with it… You should flee from it instead. Not consider it, not give it a second thought, but flee, run for your life, otherwise it WILL destroy you.


So, what’s your conclusion?

Is it worth seeing all the bad stuff so you can see the good? I don’t know…

You decide ;) 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mrs. Raphaela for sharing this. I say yes to your last words. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... hmm the bad thing is that movies no a days tend to mix the cursing and much other indescreet things with messages that could one way to another relate people... but is never perferable to have to listen or see things that will not gain in our lives at all... I compleatly agree with you on that Mrs. Raphaela...:)

    ReplyDelete