Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Time Challenge - The key


If you have been applying yourself to this challenge of making time to do all you have/need/want to do, it's important that you understand a few things:

Changing your behavior is not like changing clothes. It takes time. It will take time. Don’t dismay.

You need to be committed 100% and make this a priority in your life.

You will not always feel like doing what you need to do.

Some days you will wake up in the morning all energized for the day ahead. You will have all your frogs written down and you will not only be ready to eat them, you will WANT to eat them. Your alarm will go off in the morning and your immediate response will be I'M READY!  

But sometimes you don't even feel like getting up from the bed and throughout the day you just feel too tired to do anything difficult.

Sometimes you want to work hard, sometimes you just want to watch TV.

There are days that everything goes according to plan and there are some that everything turns into a total DISASTER.

Some days you feel like this is working and sometimes it just feels like a waste of time.

And here's the secret to succeed in spite of the bad days:

You must ignore what you feel.

If you rely on the way you feel, you will always be going back to square one.

So, whether you feel like it or not, you MUST press forward, you must continue with your tasks, you must carry on with eating your frogs. This is not a step but the key to succeeding in this Challenge. 

If you’ve tried to do something important before and failed, if you signed up for this challenge on December 26th and are not doing very well or have already given up, just look back and you will see that the reason was exactly this: You didn't feel like doing everything written here or you didn't feel like it was working, or you didn't feel like trying anymore or you didn't feel like you could.

You don't feel like going on? Go on anyway!

Don't feel like making that list of things you need to do tomorrow? Do it now!

Feel like doing everything else on your list but eating that giant, ugly, fat frog? Take the first bite!

Most often than not, YOU WILL NOT FEEL LIKE doing what you need to do, but you MUST DO IT ANYWAY.

If you can overcome your own feelings, then you can overcome everything else in your life. If you can't...

6 comments:

  1. Oh so true Mrs.Raphaela!
    Sometimes I feel like it and sometimes I don't, but I have to do it either way,

    off to eating frogs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, feelings are unstable, like a mental person in a looney bin, one minute happy, the next sad, one minute feeling tired, the next ready to go... The list goes on. I'm glad I took this time to read this on Monday. Didn't take long, just had to not take my whole hour of lunch to eat.
    Getting ready to eat some big, scary frogs with fangs after, lol.
    Pressing forward;)
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, not feeling is something I am overcoming on getting my things to do done. I remember this day, where I time to rest, or do something else, but instead I started to get going on my chores! And today I could say that now I have less to do, and more time to focus on my School work, without being worried about the chores that I need to get done!
    So yes, ignoring what you feel, works. A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't feel like reading what our next task for this challenge would be because I thought it would be challenging rsrsrs... But I went against my feelings,I WILL NOT LOOK BACK! Time will soon have to catch up to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many times I don't feel like doing the things that necessary for me to do, and even when I do it, it takes me longer than it should. I want to improve, I need to improve or else it will become a habit for the rest of my life. I'm up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete