Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why I'm writing about Twilight...


You might be asking yourself why I have decided to talk about Twilight here on my blog.

The answer is very simple. This is one of the most, if not THE most discussed movie nowadays. The love story has captivated people all over the world. Some hate it, most people (and when I say people I mean girls) love it and others are just crazy about it.

So, what's the hype all about? What is it about Twilight that has so many people infatuated with this saga for the last three years?

If you are a follower of my blog, you know that I strongly believe that you should THINK for yourself and not be influenced by the thoughts of others. It's like I'm often saying, if you don't think for yourself, others certainly will.

So, I'd like to draw your attention to the messages this movie sends out. As in most movies, there are always good and bad things you can get from them and Twilight is no different. So based on the fact that I have read the Twilight books and watched all the movies so far, I'll give you my opinion about what I think the good and the bad are.

My hope is that after you read my opinion, you might THINK and draw your own conclusions about it. My intent is that you learn to think for yourself and not let a movie, a trend or people think for you.

To those who say that this is a vampire movie and therefore it's an evil thing, here is what I have to say:

Is the idea of vampires and the fact that they feed on human blood something evil? Yes.

Is it absurd? Yes.

Is it real? No.

And because they are not real, I'll be able to write about it the same way I write about any other movie. There are good things. There are bad things. I'll show you both and you make up your own mind. You shouldn’t rely only on the bad things you hear about it, just as you shouldn't rely only on the good.

There are some people criticizing me for even talking about Twilight. Some are appalled at the fact that I even know about this story. Hello!!! I review movies. Will I not have an opinion on one of the most talked about movies nowadays?

If you don't like the movie and want to criticize it, you are free to say so in the comments below. If you don't like the movie and want to criticize ME, don't be surprised if your comment is suddenly removed. 

So, come back next Thursday for the first chapter on my series. It's called ‘So the lion fell in love with the lamb’.

P.S.: Have you already guessed what is it I hate about this movie? I kind of gave you a hint today…

2 comments:

  1. Hi mrs Raphaela, I´m new to your blog but like the way you point things out and encouraged people to THINK for themselves. I did watch the movie and also found some good things en bad things ( as you usually find in the most movies), but I will be back to read the first chapter of your series :)))

    Big Hug,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to watch this movie. Just the summary tells me it is interesting and inpiring. Aude

      Delete